Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"That's the truth about men. That's the truth about us."

Today is CD 4.  Tomorrow is my last clomid tablet and then on friday, it's back to the stirrups for the dildo-cam.

I am dreading this cycle.  I am filled with loathing for every last step of it.  Contrary to my previously posted, brazen declarations of apathy, last cycle hit below the belt (heh... get it?  God, I'm funny!).  I remember that before we started trying, I was jokingly said to my wife "Can you imagine if I was infertile? You would have to commit me!"

My wife refuses to humor my magical thinking but, damn do these things come back to bit you in the ass.

Other things that bite you in the ass are rogue monkeys.  Seriously.  Watch the discovery channel.  Absolutely horrifying.

How's about a little motherhood fantasy?  Ok!

When my kid is old enough to understand an Xbox controller, the two of us are going to go to ikea and buy two really comfy gaming chairs.  We will build them together and then, I'll spend all afternoon teaching him (or her but, this is my fantasy and I want a boy!) how to play Mass Effect and Dragon Age and Oblivion.  I'll let him design our characters and make the decisions and I'll beat the parts that are too hard for him.  I'll teach him how to master the leveling systems and how to appreciate alternate playthroughs.  My wife will pop in and make us popcorn and be generally happy that she can have some free-time for crafting or whatever it is that she does in that other room.

Actually, this may be a fatherhood fantasy.

Lastly, I was told today by an Access-A-Ride driver that I remind her of Shane from the L-Word.  50XP for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment