Monday, April 12, 2010

"I know I should be mature, keep my feet on the floor but for some reason, I just don't want to anymore."

I am halfway through the tww today.  Yes, 7 DPO is a fun and exciting time in the B-C household.  7 DPO means that my wife gets a phone call from me every 53 seconds either weeping because I feel like it didn't work or demanding reassurances that she can't truthfully give and then weeping because I feel like it didn't work.  7 DPO also means that it's time for the groping to begin.  I'm sure the security guard is excited that his monthly peep show is about to commence on the elevator cameras.  Why did they have to install those damn cameras anyway?  

7 DPO is a time of emotional valleys.  Every hour during 7 DPO feels critical.  Implantation commonly occurs around 7 DPO and each second that you don't feel pinchy implantation-ish cramps, and each time you pee and find no pink implantation spotting, you are plunged into a hormonal abyss of misery and hate.  You counter this by reasoning with yourself.  "It's still so early!  Implantation could happen anywhere from 6-13 DPO!  Technically, the second day of the IUI was tuesday so, I might only be 6 DPO..." You repeat these things to yourself until you can begin to see a glimmer of hope.  Then you go to the bathroom and there's still no spotting so, lather, rinse, repeat.

It's 7 DPO and I don't think it worked at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment