Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Everybody dance now!"

I love American Fertility, so far.  My Own Fertility, I despise but that's clearly another story.

Today was CD 12 monitoring.  I'm going to brutally honest.  I am so sick of having cameras and various other equipment put in my vagina by people who have never even bought me a drink at the bar.  There was once a time, back when I was young, that I would be positively titillated by the prospect of having an older woman with a russian accent order me to undress and spread 'em while she lubed up phallic shaped instruments.  Now, after 9 months of failed cycles, the sexiest thing I can think of is going two whole weeks without having some part of my reproductive system photographed and measured.  Sigh.

Speaking of being measured, my lining is freakin' huge.  13 mm!  I gave myself a great big pat on the uterus when the tech told me that.  My follicles were massive as well.  Two follicles, both measuring over 20 mm each.  Tonight, we will do the ovidrel trigger and then, the IUI #4 is on thursday morning.

The best part?  We got to speak to the actual doctor to discuss the plan of action.  No waiting around for a phone call from a nurse, plenty of opportunities to express concerns and ask questions, no rude and dismissive answers.


The even bester part?  Next weekend, the Ripley's Believe It or Not fertility statues will be in Atlantic City!  Something like 2,000 women have gotten pregnant after touching those statues; many of whom were told they couldn't conceive.  June 6th I'll be all over that... literally!

PS-I'll be 27 next tuesday. I'm asking for two things.
1. A baby (duh)
2. That no loved ones (human or animal) be diagnosed with aggressive and fatal diseases on my birthday for the third year in a row.  Maybe this is selfish but, save it for June 9th, ok?  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment