Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Guess you better slow that mustang down..."

I think it's time for a little motherhood fantasy:

My plan is that when our kids are in grade school, my wife and I are going to plan a surprise vacation... like to disney or something.  We will wake them up for school one monday morning and follow the usual morning routine.  The suitcases will already be packed and hidden in the back of the car and.  I'll tell the kids that their mother and I have a meeting to attend and that we will drop them off at school on the way.  I'll drive to the school but instead of pulling into the parking lot, I'll just blow past it and get on to the highway.
The kids will start yelling "Mom, you missed it!  You're going the wrong way!"  My wife will make a performance of being exasperated with me and then turn to the kids and say "Well, you'll be late to school anyway so we may as well just go to Disney World for a week..."



Oh, by the way... Clomid, round 4.  Yep, it's Clomid Sally in all her glory... hair falling out, crying jags, insecurity,  sweating,  grapefruit sized ovaries, the whole shebang.


In non-fertility related news, I met with the writing group for the first time last weekend.  Intimidated? You bet!  Impressed?  Beyond!


I need new sneakers.


On of my students (SC) informed me today that my dad was a cat.  A cat with a needle in his head.


Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment