Monday, February 22, 2010

"Make a joyful noise, my soul"

Conversation with my Mom:

Mom: Hi Honey!  Hey, do you want Jacob's crib and changing table?  Cynthia is getting rid of them.

Me: Um... for my cats?

Mom: No, stupid.... for the baby!

Me: Mom, there is no baby yet.  Trust me, I will tell you as soon as there is even a hint of baby in me.

Mom: You don't have to tell me; I already know you're pregnant.  I had a vision this morning.

Me: Have you considered medication?

Mom: No really!! I was brushing my teeth and suddenly I just saw a vision.... felt a vibe.  Trust me.  Your pregnancy woes are a thing of the past.  You can cancel your IUI.

Me: You had a vision while brushing your teeth?

Mom: Yes, of course.  I usually pray while brushing my teeth so I was in there, brushing and praying and this feeling came upon me and I just knew.  You are totally pregnant.

Me: Well, I hope you don't take offense if I don't cancel my IUI because you share a spiritual bond with your colgate.

Mom: So do you want this crib and changing table?

Me: Sigh...

She's clearly ready for a room at bellevue but, wouldn't it be so funny to call up my RE and tell him I won't be needing an IUI because my mom's toothpaste told her I'm pregnant?

Weirdest Threat from a Student:
"I'm gonna put my cat on you like a dog."

Emotional Climate:
Bemused

Current Fears:
Rent increases
FMLA
The Prop. 8 Trial

Desert Wish:
Cookie from Zaros

No comments:

Post a Comment