Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"We got another dead cow, an apocalypse draws nigh..."

Another day, another pillowful of my hair in the morning.  Seriously, it looks like Chewbacca slept on it.

I still hate the MTA and I think Bloomberg is a huge asshole, complete with fissures.

My Wife continues to reassure me that we will definitely have enough money for me to stop working if we ever have a baby.  Provided, of course, that we find a cheaper apartment.... not in Jersey City.

I feel like I have turned a corner in terms of my growth as a supervisor.  I no longer feel like I have to cater to my staff and keep them happy.  That was a problem for me during my first year at the agency.  I have reached the point where, now, instead of needing to defend my management style (and this happens pretty rarely, to be honest...) I have no problem with telling people that they are free to find a new job if they don't want to do what needs to be done.  Just as a note, I generally am very happy and pleased with my staff.  But there's one in every group....

Clearly, an interesting day at work.

This has nothing to do with fertility or the upcoming cycle.  Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment